The New List!

30 by 30 Lists, Bucket lists, basically do at least something before you die lists, are in a sense a little morbid. It implies that the finish line is approaching, and if you want to make something out of your life, if you want to do them at all, you'd better do them fast. Maybe some people work better with a deadline though... if my scholastic history can show you anything, it's that I certainly do. And more often than not I'll leave it to the last minute and race through the project and have it ready at the last possible second.

Maybe that's why I make list's like these.

I know if I don't set a deadline, (and isn't that an apt word), I'll spend my life telling myself that I'd love to do these things, I should do these things, I will do these things.... someday. Not today, I don't have time today. I know myself enough by now to recognize that I am a very susceptible to procrastination, and I know that if I do not make a plan to do something and commit to it, I won't do it.

So now at the age of almost thirty two, I've made a new list for the next decade (minus two years because I procrastinated on making a new list .... omg...)

I feel like I've learned from my last list. I've made the list more of personal growth than geographic exploration, yet still filled with things I'm looking forward doing! And without further ado... I present my 40 by 40 list!!!

  1. Start doing Volunteer work
  2. Stay up all night to watch the sunrise
  3. Go 180km
  4. Try something else extreme
  5. Go on a road trip (the east coast would be nice…)
  6. Write a letter, tie it to a balloon and let it go
  7. Write a letter to myself in twenty years
  8. Learn another language
  9. Start a family
  10. Learn how to make pasta and have Sunday dinner at your place
  11. Learn a new design skill
  12. Pay off student debt
  13. Buy a house
  14. Go to a live concert
  15. Start a retirement fund
  16. Read 50 books
  17. Have a ‘Spa Day’
  18. Learn how to style your hair
  19. Paint something in oil or acrylic for everyone in your family
  20. Forgive someone
  21. Make photo books for every year of your digital files
  22. Try new foods
  23. See a psychic
  24. Start a webcomic
  25. Join a team sport
  26. Join a photography club
  27. Design jewelry for weddings/try and sell them
  28. Learn to eat healthy
  29. One christmas make everyone's presents handmade
  30. Learn how to decorate a cake like Mom
  31. Really try Meditation
  32. Do 10 craft fairs/conventions in one year
  33. Take a vacation by yourself
  34. Travel to Argentina
  35. Learn how to play the guitar
  36. Sleep under the stars for one night
  37. Learn a new style of dance
  38. Create your own cookbook
  39. Organize a family trip (even if it’s just for a weekend!)
  40. Be Happy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

Warming up