Hacked!

If there is one subject that my Dad and I can never agree upon, it is Graffiti. He says that is a crime that defaces property, and there is no such thing as good graffiti. Now don’t get me wrong, I agree that when you paint on someone else property yeah, that’s a crime, and you shouldn’t do it. But in cases where ally ways and certain buildings are offered to local artists for street art, go for it. Graffiti is just another form of artistic expression!

That’s why I follow a blog called Hacked IRL, that post pictures of graffiti or instillation art. Here are some of my favorite examples from the site.






Comments

  1. I agree, it is a crime and an affront to civilized society.

    In regards to the "clever" examples of graffiti that you have posted here I find the stenciling on the sidewalk particularly offensive. Not only is it a crime to deface public property but as a member of Mounted Unit in Toronto, who have on many occasions been the victim of criminals using concrete to injure both the officers and horses, find this humourless and cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you Original Ashley. I like the art of graffiti. I do not care for tagging and destroying other people's property.
    Take a chill pill Somewhatj

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

Cottage Trip 2015