40 Cloves of Garlic

We got a deep fryer for Christmas, as a ‘to the whole family’ kind of gift. My first thought of this gift was not ideas of French fries or fish. It was deep fried Bananas. Quite possibly the BEST dessert in the world, not to mention the only cooked fruit I actually like.

I asked if I could make dinner for tonight, and invited Marni and Granddad over. Marni was my Sous Chief, and after researching several recipies online, I picked a slow cooker Garlic Chicken dish. A garlic chicken dish that calls for forty cloves.

With the help of my sous chief (and I mean a lot of help) the dinner turned out amazingly!




And then, the best part, the Bananas. I used a recipe from a new dessert book mom got at Christmas to make the batter, chopped the bananas into smaller pieces, coated them in the batter than dropped them into the new deep frier. They ended up looking like deformed alien eggs than the nice round toasted balls in the recipe book, but served on vanilla ice cream with a touch of honey…

Oh

My

God.

So delicious I didn’t even get a chance to take a picture before they were all gone. This was the best I could get.



I think everyone enjoyed the meal.










Comments

  1. Did my hat shrink or is my head getting even bigger. Great dinner, loved the bananas, what's on for tomorrow's dinner?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

Cottage Trip 2015