The Kegger

If there is one truth to being a Graphic Designer, it is that eventually someone close to you, whether it be a member of the family or close friend, will say "Hey! Would you be able to design a (insert project here) for me?"

I remember hearing horror stories at my placement about relatives that cant be pleased with the invitations you designed for them, or how there is always the "Thats great... but how would it look if you changed this to blue?" sort of thing. Thankfully I havn't had such an experience, and actually enjoy the small projects that come my way, expecially when they come from my mother. One of such projects was the designing of her birthday invitation.

This year, my mother is throwing herself a 'surprise' kegger for her big Five O. So I came up with a few small designs, none of which had the right stuff. So instead, today my mother tells me that she has found a picture on the internet and wants me to photoshop her face into the picture. I just need to ask my brother to find the picture she wants.

Upon finding my brother and seeing the picture, I laugh and agree it should be easy enough to do. And then I see it. The BETTER picture. I grab that one instead and get to work.


First things first. Find a picture of my mother. Clearly my work is cut out for me here. My mother is a lens dodger. I'm sure in invented the concept. If there is a camera in the room, she isn't.

Finally, I find the SINGLE picture I have of her in my new york picture folder. (you know, the vacation that She, my dad and myself spent five days together? You'd think I'd Have more shots of her. Thats how good she is!)



Now, load in the better picture!

play with the tones, layers and black and white and VOILA!!





A masterpiece! Clearly my best work ever! I send a screenshot to my brother to his compter in the next room and within seconds I can hear his screams!

In the end though every product must be judged by the client, and though my mother nearly fell down the stairs laughing, she claimed that she would rather have the picture she originally found. The result is this.




I am so unapreciated in my time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

Cottage Trip 2015