Random Acts of Friendly Facts

Lynn and the Surprising Allure of Sculpture

My friend Lynn is full of surprises. She is the poster child for ‘never judge a book by its cover’. Every now and then, just when you think you know the girl, she pulls some new an random act that has us all wondering ‘Where did that come from?!’ For example, a few months ago, just after Christmas I introduced my friends to the game cranium. Having played it with my family and having loads of good times, I felt it was only the natural thing to do to get my friends addicted as well.
To those who have never played, let me give you the run down. Its your basic, roll the dice, move a certain amount of spaces and reach the end kind of board game. Only the squares are colour coded, and depending on which colour, you have to pick a card from one of four boxes. There is a box for trivia, a box for acting (charades etc.) a box for word twisters, and an artistic skill box (my favorite)
I was setting up the games, explaining the different boxes and how in each box there were many different tasks. Like the Art Box, you could be asked to do something with drawing, or molding with the play doh that comes with it. And upon showing the small ball of purple plastercene, it was immediately snatched from my hands by lynn. For the rest of the game lynn barely paid attention to the actual board and had more fun with the small amount of dough.
Looking back on it, I suppose there really is no need to be surprised. Lynn is gifted in the Maths and Sciences, and like all my other science friends, she seems to have a dark thirst for artistic release.
So armed with this knowledge, we did what any good friends would do. We bought her a twelve pack of multi coloured play doh and watched the magic happen.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

Cottage Trip 2015