Never Enough Weekends Part 1

The last two weekends were so packed full of stuff, I can’t even fit it all into one post.

The long weekend alone was amazing! Kimberley came over for some classic girl time, so after taking her and Matthew out for Indian Buffet at Mount Everest, the two of us wrapped ourselves up in snow gear and drove to Ski Lakeridge for snow tubing!

It was very cold getting up there but once we were at the top of the hill you couldn’t feel it. Probably because I’d just realized I was about to rocket down the side of a ski hill in a mini tube. Now don’t think I’m some chicken or something, I assure you when it comes to sledding and sledding like activities, I’m up for pretty much anything! I mean I’ve gone sledding on the twin rivers hill and lived!

But all that aside, at the top of that hill, I admit I may have felt some miniscule motions resembling small winged insects in my upper abdominal area...


But I mustered up some courage, as there really was only one way down the hill, (and also I wasn’t about to be a wuss in front of kimmie) and let me tell you, that first ride was …. Terrifying. Omg. That jerk employee at the top of the hill spun us and I nearly lost my hat and I have never felt gravity and centrifugalforce work such a number on my senses before. But it got better after that. The next five rounds were MUCH better and the both of us really enjoyed ourselves. We relaxed for a while before picking up marni and going out for thai food at the Red House for dinner.

And thus begins my night with karma. I still don’t know what I did or who I pissed off, but Karma did a real number on me that night. First, let me start by saying that after kimmie had arrived, and I had told her of my idea for dinner, I then started gushing about my favorite part of thai food. The deep fried bananas for dessert! SOOOOOOOOO good. Seriously, I think at one point I was talking about them WHILE going down the tubing hill. Clearly I was only setting myself up for disappointment. At the restaurant we had a great dinner, I had my cashew chicken, marni had her cauldron of yellow curry chicken, and Kimmie had coconut rice with chicken (it was poultry event!) when it came time for dessert, I excitedly asked for my bananas, and the waitress made that face. You know the face, the one that means she has bad news for the customer and is worried about her tip reducing depending on how she handles the situation? Yeah, that one. Apparently they were out of bananas. Damn! So we decide if we cant have bananas, then we’ll go to the nearest kawartha dairy and get some kawartha ice cream! I decide I’m in a banana king of mood so when its our turn to order, I ask for a banana split. The server makes THAT face.

I’m in denial at this point, I can SEE the bananas on the counter! But she says that they don’t have any banana split dishes! I can have a Banana explosion though, with chopped up bananas and ice cream, so I say fine and order it with death by chocolate, my absolute favorite ice cream. The girl opens the giant tub and….. its friggin empty. Kimmie and Marni are laughing their heads off I’m stuck wondering if I should buy a lottery ticket cause my luck has to even out at some point right?

Despite the serious karma butt kicking, I had an amazing Saturday and ended it by heading home with kimmie, making a sleepover setup in my room, painting our toes, doing each others hair and watching Friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

DONE DONE DONE

Beginnings