Vancouver Day Three

Today we did so much I feel like I should be completely worn out, but I guess years of conning with Marni has gotten me used to doing a ton of events in one day. We woke up around 8:30 this morning, and drove into the city. Our first stop was at the Dr. Sun-Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, which was located right next to China Town. The Garden was beautiful and the tour was full of really interesting pieces of history. Also, in the pond are Koi that come when you ring a gong to feed them.

China town was next and we realized no matter where you are, China Town is the same as all the other china towns. The Entrance was very pretty though…



We then cut through the streets to Gas town which was much more impressive and very cool. The streets were cobble stone and there was a really good mix of stores and cafés. We ate a late lunch right across the street from an actual steam powered clock that sang every 15 minutes. The food was amazingly good and after all that walking around it was perfect just to sit and people watch.


After lunch we drove out of the main city towards the University of British Columbia which boasts its own museum of anthropology. The University grounds were beautiful and the collection at the museum was impressive…


although I’m sure I know which piece would have been my granddads favorite. (enlarge to see why)

After the museum we walked around a bit to find the Rose gardens. We are a little early for rose season, and I almost want to extend my stay just so I could see this garden in bloom.

On the drive back we stopped off at English Bay so Marni could touch the pacific ocean for the first time. She confirmed that it is indeed wet. We balanced some rocks before the tide came in and just laid in the sun for a while, just because we could. Daisies somehow found their way into Marnis hair. Don’t ask me how…



We drove back to the hotel and after a short rest we walked to a nearby restaurant called Earls. The Pizza was good, the Chocolate Toffee Bread Pudding nearly killed me it was so good. We waddled back to the hotel, cleaned up and are now slowly digesting the small piece of heaven we devoured…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

Cottage Trip 2015