2012: A summary


2012: in summary

This has been an amazing year, there is no other way to put it. So much has happened, so much has changed! So I felt it was fitting that my first post of 2013 should be a quick summary of the past year.

At the very beginning of 2012, I went out on my second date with a guy I had met on eharmony, (Josh) and we decided that night that we had planned so many dates for the following months together that we might as well make it official and say that we were boyfriend/girlfriend.


In March my brother found an apartment and we all helped him move out, the first of us to finally leave home and make it on our own. I remember on that day as we helped him set up his desk and book, Christian and I looked at each other and realized it was now a race to see who was next.

Matt moved out, Christian moved into Matt’s old room and Dad turned Christian’s old room into his ‘Man Room’. Josh and I got two budgie’s together, named them Wade and Diana and they moved back and forth between us before it was decided that they stayed with me where there was a big window with lot’s of light. I discovered that they love it when I watch Glee.


May was a big month, Mom and dad went to France for their 30th wedding anniversary. We knew mom was going to be gone for Mothers Day, so we surprised her with an early Mothers Day in April and took her to Snake’s and Latte’s. While Mom and Dad were gone I got to practice with my cooking, I had a BBQ in the backyard with my friends and went to Anime North.

Also in May was the release of The Avengers movie! And being the proud nerd that I am, I bought marathon tickets and on the day before the Avengers came out, Christian, my cousin Adam, my friend Rob and I went to a theatre in Mississauga and over the course of 14 hours we watched Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and then at midnight we watched THE AVENGERS!!!!

Over the summer months I went to the cottage twice with Josh and my friends, I went camping with my dad in Algonquin and took pictures of the stars.





I also went to FanExpo for which I finally made my enormous purple dress. Josh surprised me by making a costume to match. My friends also made costumes and competed in the masquerade and they both won!

In August I was offered a job at a printing studio as a full time graphic designer, and so I left my job at Print Three to (finally) start working as a graphic designer! It was hard leaving my friends, but I do love my new job!

In September I went with my girlfriends to Nuit Blanche, and on another day Marni, Christian, Josh and I along with some of Christian’s friends went to a Zelda Symphony in which a full blown orchestra played music from the Zelda video game series. It was Amazing and of course Marni had to cosplay.






In October Josh’s parents came up from Argintina to visit and we finally got to meet in person. Josh and I made the trip out to Niagra falls to meet them and spent the weekend together at their family’s cottage.

October also marked the month in which I finally (FINALLY) acquired my pet lizard! Over the course of 10 years I’ve wanted a snake which evolved into wanting a reptile of some sort. This year I finally did it and bought a bearded dragon whom I named Norbert. Norbert lives with Josh in his apartment.






I also held Friendsgiving again at the cottage, and despite feeling quite under the weather, it was still a wonderful time!



At the end of the month was Halloween and this year it was up to me and Marni to plan the party. We did up the basement with all the cobwebs and black lighting you can get along with our bubble fogger machine that was a lot of fun. We also did our usual themed food with dragon testicles and bare bone merangues. The party was a huge success!

The even bigger event happened shortly after the party… after I dropped off some friends to the subway, I then took Josh home to his apartment. I went in to have a quick visit with Norbert and when I turned around Josh was there on both knee’s and he asked if I would marry him. I told him I’d think about it. (BECAUSE I CAN’T TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY!) I then immedietly said Yesyesyesyesyes! And the two of us became engaged! As soon as I left Josh’s I ran over to my granddad’s to drag him from bed so I could tell him, he was very very happy for us! I then went home and told my parents who threw us an engagement party the next day!

We had our engagement photos taken by Patty who also agreed to do our wedding photos! We also managed to book a reception hall at Deer Creek and booked a Church at Knox United in Agencourt. It is the same church that mom and dad got married in 30 years ago!




In November I turned 28, I got to see my cousin Kimmie graduate from highschool and Josh and I went to the Santa Clause Parade to see my dad in it for the last time.

In December Josh and I went to see the Nutcracker, my first ballet ever.

This Christmas I got to share all of my family’s traditions with Josh as he helped us get our Christmas tree, meet everyone at the open house party and stay over Christmas Eve.

Last year was been filled with amazing parties, great times and new beginnings, and now this year I know I have even more to look forward to. I have a wedding to plan for, a car to buy, and an apartment to find for Josh and I. (That totally rhymed and I didn’t even plan it!) 2013 is going to be amazing!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the frying pan....

Too Perfect

Beginnings